The Message

America on Trial

Today, 16% of Americans say that religion is the most important thing in their life. Question: what is most important to the other 84%?

The first commandment states that we should love God with all of our heart, mind and soul. Thou shalt have no strange gods before Me.

Anyone or anything that is placed before God is idolatry.

Religion and Congregations in a Time of Social and Political Upheaval

Does the fact that America and much of Western Civilization has forsaken God indicate that there is anything wrong with God or God’s Word.

Has God failed and become obsolete? Is the Bible just another book and possibly defective? Is man smarter than God? Is God just a myth?

Man without God is like a lamp without electricity. America without God is like a dead branch cut off from the tree. Empty churches would seem to indicate that something better is occupying the time of most people. But, if God’s Word is true, these choices are extremely bad. Man without God is like a traveler without a map, a blind man trying to feel his way through life. God wants us to choose Him freely. He does not need us, He wants us. That in itself is a true mystery.

Why does God pursue us and why, even though many churches are empty, does He want us?

The truth of the matter is this: God is not on trial, we are! God has not done one single thing wrong. In fact, all His ways are perfect and beyond rebuke. We are the pot and He is the Potter.

We are even now the objects of His mercy. In spite of the fact that much of America is in rebellion against God, God loves us and offers a way back into relationship with Him.

But, God demonstrates His love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

America may be unfaithful but God remains faithful. America may fall just like the Roman Empire but God will redeem us if we turn back to Him. The ball is in our court as a nation.

God is perfect in every way, our behavior will not add or subtract from Him. But, He invites us to receive His grace and forgiveness at every step of the way.

God has bound all men over to disobedience that He might have mercy on them all (Romans 11:32).

God holds out hope and forgiveness but we must accept His Gift through faith in Jesus Christ as our Sacrifice for our sins. If we choose not to do that, we will die in our sins.

If Christ had not chosen first to die for us, we would have no choice. But, God, in His great love, so loved the world that He sent Christ to die for us so that whoever believes in Him would not die in their sins (John 3:16).

See I set before you life and death, now choose life (Deuteronomy 30:19).

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him. John 3:36

Visit for Next Steps

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *